Wow! I have to say this morning was pretty exciting for me considering I woke to an email from Gaby nominating me for this pretty sweet award. So firstly, I'd like to say thank you to her for making my day!
So to my other readers, what is the Liebster Award you ask? Well it is this nifty little award among the blogging community specifically for new bloggers to get to know one another and network. I'm going to be honest I'm not totally sure the followers criteria because some places say under 200 followers and others say under 1,000 followers, so I just split the diff and when I chose my nominees their blogs had under 700 followers. (Note: the links to blogs I chose are the the end of the post, check 'em out, since I like them I bet you will too!). This being said, lets carry on shall we?
RULES, RULES, RULES:
1. First write a post about you having been nominated for the award. Then in that post mention the person who nominated you along with a link to his/her blog.
2. List 11 facts about yourself. (This part is optional but come on, you know you want to!)
3. There will be 11 questions from the person that nominated you, go ahead and answer them.
4. Nominate 5-11 other new blogs for this award, rule of thumb is if they have under 200 followers, but as I stated above some say as many as 1,000. So take your pick!
5. Make up 11 questions that you would be curious for your nominees to answer.
6. Lastly let your nominees know that you have nominated them and provide them with a link back to your page to ensure they are familiar with the award. Display the award in your post and/or sidebar.
11 Facts About Me:
- I am 22 years old.
- I have a Bachelors Degree in photography and work as a photographer and photo-retoucher in the visual department at Dick's Sporting Goods.
- I have a Maine coon cat named Lola, a Labrador retriever named Onyx, and a Husky/lab mix named Moe.
- I am currently living in Pittsburgh (where I was born and raised!)
- My drink (okay drinks) of choice are Cabernet or an absolutely filthy martini.
- I am incredibly organized however I have a terrible habit of wanting to schedule 26 hours worth of stuff into one day, which really tends to stress me out.
- I am an equestrian and though I still ride I no longer have my horse because he sadly passed away while I was in my senior year of high school, however it is a dream of my to have a horse of my own again.
- I color my hair a lot, it seriously has been every color but green! To be honest with you, I have no idea how it's still as healthy as it is.
- I have very strong feelings towards Starbucks and coffee in general. It's a necessity.
- I have a bookshelf full of very old classics. Those are my favorites because nothing smells better than an old book. (Go ahead judge me!)
- My favorite thing to do is just get in my car and drive. Random adventures are the best!
Questions I was asked by Gaby
- What is your favorite book or movie and why? My favorite book is Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. The main reason why I love this books is because though it's super twisted, I feel the whole message is self-acceptance, which is a very important thing. Also the ending will floor you it's that good! And just so you know my favorite movie is Little Miss Sunshine, much for the same reason.
- If you could be any celebrity for a day who would you be? Mick Jagger.
- What is one thing you love about yourself? I love the fact that I am very determined and driven but also very bubbly and spontaneous. It's a weird combo but it's who I am.
- What makes you happy? COFFEE! *laughs* but in all seriousness what brings me the most joy is making others happy and giving to others. I love helping people and to see someone smile because of something I did, well that's just the best.
- Are you outgoing or shy? I am ridiculously outgoing. Most would consider me a bit of a wild child.
- Have you ever been in love, tell us about it :) I like to think I have been however I feel it was more infatuation than anything. I've had my heart broken, but I'm back together now and ready to find someone.
- What do you like to do for fun? My idea of a good time is just kickin' it around the city with my friends or going hiking. I also love just vegging out with a good book or watching Netflix with Lola.
- What is you favorite place to shop? Oh man this is a tough one. If I had to choose one place I would have to say Banana Republic, I just love their clothing style some of their dresses are just so cute an retro! However I also buy a bunch from Ann Taylor, Forever21, J. Crew, Marshalls, Tradesy, and on occasion I hit the thrift stores.
- If you could tell your younger self anything, what would you tell them? Stop worrying so much about the bullshit people shove your way. You're going to grow up and be just fine and these people that are trying to tell you otherwise are just envious. Just do you.
- What is one dream you have? Moving to New York City or Los Angeles, persuing my dream and becoming a fashion writer & photographer. (Though interning at Rolling Stone would be pretty rad too.)
- What is one of your pet peeves? I absolutely cannot stand when people cut me off in conversation, like if you're not a mind reader please let me finish my thoughts. Like most I am just annoyed by rudeness in general.
Questions I would like to ask my nominees:
1. How long have you had your blog and what or who inspired you to be a blogger?
2. If you could be any animal which on would you be and why?
3. Do you have any hidden talents?
4. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
5. Aside from necessities, what is one thing you couldn't go a day living without?
6. Who's your favorite author?
7. If there ever was a movie about your life who would you cast to portray you?
8. Roller coasters: love them or hate them?
9. Who is your role model?
10. What is one fashion trend you wish would make a comeback?
11. What is your favorite movie and why?