For those of you who have been reading my blog since at least last month, I'm sure you have noticed that in my little post script notes, I mention two of my affiliates rewardStyle and LIKEtoKNOW.it. I'm sure you've also been wondering what's up with the little heart emblems that have been showing up in the corners of my more recent Instagram posts:
So, even though I generally leave you guys little links that takes you to each party's respective page, I've never actually went over what each of them are and how to use them, and due to some recent changes to LIKEtoKNOW.it (like, they have an app now!) I figured I would do a quick little post about this topic today, just to clear some things up!
First of all, what is LIKEtoKNOW.it?
For you non-blogging readers, LIKEtoKNOW.it is an awesome service that is here solely to make your life easier (or your shopping addiction worse--but I promise, I'm not judging!). The thing that makes LIKEtoKNOW.it so nifty is that if you see a photo of mine on Instagram that you just absolutely adore, whether it be an outfit or lifestyle post, all you need to do is "like" my photo and you will have my whole outfit/post content delivered to your email inbox complete with shoppable links! How does this magic work you ask? It's easy! Just follow these steps below:
- Head on over to www.liketoknow.it and watch the little tutorial video that pops up when you first enter the website, just so you can get a quick feel for how to use the service.
- Next, if you decide that this awesome shopping tool is for you, simply register and set up an account--this is 100% free, by the way.
- Next, you can start liking mine as well as other blogger's Instagram posts who are sponsored by LIKEtoKNOW.it and get the shopping deets delivered right to your inbox within five minutes!
- You can also shop directly from LIKEtoKNOW.it via your "my likes" or "my screenshots" (I'll get to that exciting news next!) tab, or if you want to shop a specific bloggers feed, all you need to do is add their handle after LIKEtoKNOW.it's website (E.G. to shop mine you would go to www.liketoknow.it/starkravingchic, or you can just click here!)
- Lastly, LIKEtoKNOW.it also has an app now with new screenshot technology that allows you to shop your screenshots! All you need to do is screenshot photos that you like on social media (As well as all over the mobile web!), and the app will send a push notification to your phone with all of the shoppable links in one place — no matter what platform or site your screenshot comes from. Pretty rad, right?
So now that I gave my non-blogging dolls all the details that they need to use LIKEtoKNOW.it, I'm sure my fellow blogger babes want to know how they can become a member and utilize it as well, and here's how!
LIKEtoKNOW.it For Bloggers
So I gotta admit that utilizing LIKEtoKNOW.it as a blogger isn't quite as simple as it is for our audience. In order to make your own posts shoppable through LIKEtoKNOW.it, you first have to apply as an influencer through the company rewardStyle. And though I can't tell you the exact steps as to how to get accepted in to the program, here are a few tips of my own:
- Quality not quantity: Though this is something that I covered in my blogiversary post last month, I have to stress that quality writing is more important than the quantity of your posts. Sure, you can write 5 posts a week, but if they are riddled with grammar and spelling errors, or have little depth, they won't be attention grabbing, thus making them unimpressive to brands and/or potential sponsors. Which leads me to my next point...
- Consistency: This is a topic I actually covered last week in my editorial calendar post, and much like providing your readers with a consistent schedule, brands like to see that as well. Like I said last week, don't post non stop for seven days and then go silent for three months without warning or explanation, simply because it can make you lose readers and make potential sponsors/brands question your ability to stay on schedule.
- Quality Photos: Another point I covered in my blogiversary post, but still is just every bit as important here and that is quality photography! If your photos look sloppy and poorly put together, chances are brands will think that is how all of your work is and will not want you representing them.
- Professionalism: Lastly, one thing I have noticed about rewardStyle is they seem to consistently work with blogs that are clearly treated like a business. Sure, sure, I slip up and have an occasional curse word in my writing, but never to the extent of throwing them around in every post. This also goes hand in hand with yet another point I made in my last blogiversary post, and that is be kind to your fellow bloggers and radiate positivity. Nobody wants to work with a grump.